SchoolRack Tutorial: Mailing Lists
Technology has certainly changed the way we communicate with each other. Rather than sitting down and handwriting a letter, nowadays almost everyone sends an email. Problem is, sending emails to a group of people can be a chore, and remembering to type every person’s email address can be a difficult task.
To make sending emails to large groups of people easy, SchoolRack has incorporated a simple email system for emailing groups of students, parents, or both at the click of a button. The feature is called the Mailing List feature and is available to all SchoolRack users.
Each email list can maintain up to 100 recipients on a SchoolRack Plus account (Free accounts allow 30 recipients). You can organize your email lists by course or category. For example, if you are a math teacher and teach algebra and geometry, you can have one list for your algebra students and another one for geometry students and send messages to them separately. Another way to organize mailing lists is to have one list for students and another for parents.
However, if you have not already created list, SchoolRack certainly makes it very user friendly. To get started, simply start by:
- Click on the Mailing Lists link in your SchoolRack account
- Click Create Mailing List
- Give your mailing list a Title, Description (will appear on your website), and input any email addresses you may already have (optional, later students/parents will be able to sign up for your mailing list on your website)
NOTE: You can add email addresses to your list manually whenever you want, but once your mailing list is created, visitors to your website will be able to subscribe to your mailing list on their own. This way you don’t have to input all email addresses by yourself, you can have your visitors do it for you!
- Once you are satisfied with the number of subscribers in your mailing list, you can send your emails by simply clicking the Compose button on the mailing list page.
- Then fill out the simple form with your subject and email and click Send Message.
That’s it! As you can tell, on SchoolRack, the responsibility initially is with the student/parent to sign up to one of your mailing lists. The easiest way to establish and maintain one of these lists is to create one and then inform your students to ’subscribe’ to one directly on your website! Here is what it looks like on a user’s class website:
Well, have a great time communicating with your students and their parents! Let me know if you have any questions below!!